Lexmark Printer Driver
Lexmark Printer Setup
Lexmark Support : How to Connect Lexmark Printer to WiFi?
Lexmark will tell you how to setup a wireless printer at your home. Everything has an access key and so does your wireless router. If you are not familiar with WiFi technology then we would suggest you to Lexmark support team for the setup.
Please go through the notes sections before setting up your Lexmark printer. Lexmark support provides great help to connect your Lexmark printer to your home WiFi network. Correct lexmark printer driver is required to complete this task.L
- Firstly , make sure that you have an active WiFi connection at your place.
- Do not hit the reset button in between the process.
- To download Lexmark printer driver, please visit lexmark printer driver & download page.
- For initial setup, please contact Lexmark support team.
- Never download the wrong Lexmark drivers.
In order to connect to a wireless network, you must have the required credentials. These are:
- Wireless Network Name (SSID)
- Password is called Wireless Network Key
If unknown, know how to find Network Credentials
Almost all wireless routers or WiFi mention their default credentials on a label present at the back of the printer. If not there, go through the documentation that came along with your router.
In some cases Internet Service Providers (ISP) have installed the wireless routers at your home, look for the sheet they have given to you as they mention credentials on it.
Lexmark Support Printer Setup
There are two methods used to connect your Printer to WiFi :
- Wireless Setup Wizard – It requires you to access the printer’s display screen.
- USB Setup – A PC or Mac and printer software is generally required.
- Firstly, press the Home button for accessing the Home Screen
- Through up and down button, navigate to Setup and press the OK button
- Again navigate to Network Setup and press the OK button.
- Navigate once more to Wireless 802.11 b/g/n and press the OK button.
- Then to Network Connection Setup and press the OK button.
- On wireless,press the OK button.
- You have options to choose either WPS PBC Mode or WPS PIN Mode and press the OK button.
- Some on-screen instructions will pop up to help you to complete the setup.
Note:- Make sure that you have download the correct Lexmark printer driver from the Lexmark support page
Automatic (WPS) Connect
- Search and tap on the WPS button on your wireless router. It could be a symbol depicted below or it could be simply mentioned as WPS.
- Tap the OK/Connect button on your printer not later than 2 minutes.
- The printer will show a message, “Attempting to connect to your network.”
- After that tap on the OK button on the printer once the connection is successful.
The Task is completed. If you are still facing issues while connecting your printer to the WiFi router then please contact Lexmark support team for more guidance.
Lexmark Support: How to Reset Lexmark Printer?
Most of the problems of devices are sorted whenever you reset your device. We advise you to contact Lexmark team before going to reset it because the wrong reset can damage your printer. In this article, we are going to tell you how you can Factory reset your Lexmark Printer in an easy way.
You must know that a factory reset will turn your printer’s settings back to what they were fresh out of the box. Reset may delete the existing lexmark printer driver and you will need to download it again from the Lexmark drivers & download page.
Steps to Reset Lexmark Printer:
- Firstly, in the menu option at the home screen, tap on Settings, and press the OK button.
- Tap on General Settings and press the OK button.
- After that tap on Factory Defaults and press the OK.
- Now tap on Restore Now.
- Press OK.
Note: The options that are available at your screen depends on which model Lexmark printer you have. Although they are slightly different from each other.
In case of any assistance, please feel free to contact the Lexmark support team available for you 24/7.
How to Factory Reset a Lexmark Printer?
Lexmark is having a diverse variety of printers. In this article, we will tell you some troubleshooting steps that’ll help you resolve common issues that you may face with your printer. Some common issues with Lexmark printers are like printers not connecting to the WiFi router, Lexmark printer driver not working, not able to connect with Lexmark support, printer showing offline, unable to give print etc. You can get the help from the Lexmark support team to fix these issues.
You need to read this article very carefully and determine which steps are appropriate for your printer.
- Before you begin the process, you must unplug all the wire cables that are connected to your printer and the network. This is because if your printer is connected to a network, the factory reset will fail. This is for First and second category models of Brother Printers as they have wire connections to the network.
- For touch screen or digital display models ensure:
- That your device is not connected to any network,
- Tap on the Settings button.
- Now press All Settings.
- Select Initial Setup.
- After that, Tap on Reset.
- You will be able to see the “All Settings or Factory Reset” option. Well, It again depends on which model you have.
- Hit Yes
- It will ask to restart the printer. You need to Tap Yes and hold it for two seconds. The machine will start the restart.
Note: The reset will not take effect without restarting the Printer.
How to Check the Current Firmware and Lexmark Printer Driver version on your Lexmark Printer?
Please follow the below methods to check the current firmware and Lexmark drivers version of your Lexmark printer. There are two methods to check the current firmware and Lexmark drivers version. You can do it directly from the web address or from the printer display.
Note: – If you want to update the printer firmware and lexmark printer drivers , then we highly advise you to reach Lexmark Support team for complete guidance. Updating the wrong firmware and driver version can delete the existing printer base settings.
Method one – On Lexmark Printer
- Go to the control panel of your Lexmark printer.
- Now press the Menu or Setting button, then press Reports.
- To print out the information page, please press Menu Setting Page.
- On the Device information section, you can see the current Lexmark printer driver and firmware.
For more information on Lexmark printer drivers and firmware , please get in touch with the Lexmark support team
Method Two – Through Web Browser
- Connect your printer to the available network.
- Get the IP address of your printer from the manual or front the Lexmark support page.
- Now open the web browser and type the IP address into the web address bar, press enter to get the information page.
- Click on Reports then click on Device information.
- On the Device Information page, go to the Engine or Base to get the complete information of current firmware version and Lexmark printer driver.
How to Find a Lexmark Printer Driver?
Follow the below mentioned basic steps to find the latest Lexmark drivers.
- First, you will need to go to the lexmark drivers and download page.
- On the Lexmark drivers and download page, please enter the model name of your printer.
- Here you need to type the model number of your router and then hit on Find Drivers and Downloads.
- Type particular driver name in filter option to get the particular download link.
- Now you will see the list of all available Lexmark drivers on your Lexmark printer.
- You can choose the driver which you want to update.
- On this Lexmark printer driver page, you will get all information about the drivers such as releasing date, total file size etc.
Finding the Lexmark drivers is now completed. You can reach Lexmark support team for more info on Lexmark printers drivers.
Lexmark Support: How to Update Lexmark Printer Drivers?
In order to update your lexmark printers drivers, you need to download the latest lexmark driver from the lexmark driver & download page. You Can update the lexmark drives manually and automatically. We recommended updating the lexmark printer manually so that you can avoid any error..
First, you will need to check the current version of driver. Please note that updating the drivers is a little complicated, so we suggest you to get in touch with the Lexmark support team to update the drivers. You can use this basic guide on all available lexmark printers. Please go through the notes and tips section to get the job done hassle free.
Notes and Tips
- Do not press any button on the printer in between the process.
- Don’t give the printer command while doing the printer update.
- Whole Lexmark printer driver update process can take 10 to 15 minutes.
- Contact the Lexmark support team if you are not familiar with these things.
- Always download the drivers which suit your system configuration.
- To check your system configuration, please go to the Control Panel>System Security>System
- You should know the particular model number of your Lexmark printer.You can find the printer model name on the manual.
Steps to Update Lexmark Printer Driver
- Go to the Lexmark Drivers & Download page.
- Type your printer model number and click on Find Drivers & Download button.
- Now you will see the list of all the available latest drivers and firmware versions of your printer.
- You can view the releasing date, required OS, firmware and driver type and file size.
- From the list,you can select the driver according to your need and click on it to get a download link.
- Click on the Start download button.
- After that click on Run or Save this file.
- Open the Lexmark printer driver downloaded file and follow the onscreen instructions.
Finally, updating the Lexmark drivers process is completed. Now you will get better performance on your printer with the latest features. Always stay up to date with the latest driver and firmware update to get the best performance of your Lexmark router. In case of any issues with Lexmark drivers , please reach out the Lexmark support.
Common issues with Lexmark printer driver download and update.
- Difficulty in finding the correct driver.
- Driver not supporting your current operating system.
- Downloaded driver file not running.
- Unable to download the driver file.
- Some unknown error.
If you are facing any above mentioned issues while updating the Lexmark drivers, then you need to call the Lexmark support to fix it.
Lexmark Support: How to setup a Lexmark Printer?
Method One – Wireless Setup (WPS button)
Basic steps to connect your Lexmark printer on your Home WiFi network.
- Find the WPS button on the back or bottom side of your WiFi router. It may vary from model to model.
- Press the WPS push button for 5 seconds.
- Now go to the Lexmark printer display and click on connect within two minutes.
- Wait for a few seconds.
- After that you will see a network connection successful message on your printer display.
- Click on the OK button to finish the task. Now you can give the print from your wireless device which is connected on the same Home WiFi network.
Method Two – Connect Manually
- Please go to the Lexmark printer display and click on the Home button.
- On the Home button, go to the Setup then press OK.
- Now press Network Setup and then hit on OK.
- Select Wireless 802.11 b/g/n, press OK button.
- Please go to Network Connection Setup, press OK to continue.
- Navigate to Wireless option and press on OK button.
- After that you can follow the instructions to complete the process.
The Setup Process is complete. Please contact the Lexmark support team for further help.